Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cleveland, Tennessee / Lee University (College) 1979-1981

     While many people grew up and enjoyed living in Habersham County, Georgia, some of us, who grew up on (or near) Air Force bases, felt like a fish out of water to say the least. It was a rural mountain kinda place. No bowling alley. No movie cinema. No Pizza Hut. No NOTHING. It was bad enough that I was a very green college student and that I did not know what I wanted to become. Now, I was in a area where if anyone knew your car, everyone around heard about where it was parked the night before. It was, to me, the kind of place where EVERYONE knew everyone and everyone's relatives. After going to Piedmont College in Demorest, Georgia for one quarter, I decided I wanted to move on to another college somewhere else. Next stop? Lee College in Cleveland, Tennessee.


Some friends and I made this guy.

My roommate and I earned "Dorm Room of the Month."



     I spent two years at Lee College.  While there I was the cafeteria breakfast cook for one semester, and the snack bar student manager for a year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment